While the country prays for safe rescue of 5 years old fell in to an uncapped government bore well, there is complete confusion. Activity at site is very sluggish. Apparently even the army is not trained for the job when actually Fire Service aught to have undertaken the rescue operation. People are even calling for NSG to take on the responsibility.
When god laughs 216-223 © Ravinder Singh
216. God laughs when hero in Mahatma Gandhi’s state Gujarat is Hitler.
217. God laughs when a 5 years old child “Prince” fell in to a 16 inches diameter uncapped government bore well which is just about the standard diameter of manholes (18 inches) for entry of adult water and sewage workers to go in but fire service fail to rescue it and Army is called in to dig a large well parallel to it to dig a tunnel to take the child out.
218. God laughs when a large 20T Army crane is called in to service to take out Prince.
219. God laughs when a team of district health service officials are camping next to the well when actually the child is healthy and not even complaining of any pain whereas daily patients wait in queues for hours to get treatment. A doctor from Delhi has also arrived than a team of trained Delhi Fire Service team.
220. God laughs when a senior doctor volunteers to go in to the rescue well to examine the child before it could be decided to out the child or to give him first aid in the pit itself.
221. God laughs when no politician was interested in “Prince” the boy that fell in to the bore well but the moment TV crews arrived and started live broadcast Chief Minister, Member of Parliament and even Prime Minister
222. God laughs when under world operates illegal stock exchanges that do more daily business than legal exchanges but government turns a blind eye to huge economic loss to the state.
223. God laughs when just 20 mm of rainfall in Delhi, not large enough to drown a cherry but Delhi was flooded at so many places due to choked drains and TV channels dubbed it as “Delhi Drowned In Handful of Water” but Chief Minister of Delhi for 8 years is unperturbed by this failure of her government.
Ravinder Singh, Inventor / Engineer.